Pick-Up ScheduleBeginning Monday, April 1, 2019 regular weekly yard waste pickup will resume. Place your yard waste bags and/or barrels at curbside by 7:30am on your regularly scheduled trash pickup day.
If using barrels to dispose of yard waste the barrel must be clearly marked "COMPOST".
Limit of 20 bags and/or barrels per address, per week.
Weight limit for bags and barrels is not to exceed 50lbs.
Barrel size limited to 35 gallons.
Brush must be tied in bundles of 4 foot lengths or less.
It is preferable for the compost to be stored in bags, but barrels are acceptable. Paper and household trash or garbage are not allowed.
If your bags or barrels are not picked up for a specific reason (too heavy, unacceptable container, etc.) it will be tagged stating the reason it was left behind.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 401-253-8877.
Yard waste can be brought to the Compost Facility at the landfill at no cost to residents, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Yard waste bags may be purchased at Water Pollution Control or DPW.
Cost: $10.00 per bundle of 25 (until supply is gone)
$22.00 per bundle of 50 (these bundles are replacing the bundles of 25)
Additionally, the Compost Department provides free compost for residents that can be used on lawns or gardens. There are two kinds of compost available:
- Biosolids compost created from a combination of the by-product of the treatment plant (sludge) and yard waste
- Mulch created exclusively from yard waste
Yard Waste Collection
Please be advised that due to a change of distributor and cost of bags, as of January 18, 2019 the price for purchase of Compost Bags will increase from $10.00 per bundle of 25 to $22.00 per bundle of 50 bags. Compost bags may be purchased at the Department of Public Works or Water Pollution Control Department.
- Barrel size is limited to 35 gallons
- Brush must be tied in bundles of 4 foot lengths
- Containers must be clearly marked 'compost'
- Only grass clippings, leaves and brush are to be placed in the paper bags
- Weight limit for bags and barrels is 50 pounds maximum
- Any material left behind will be tagged and not picked up until the following week, if acceptable
- Containers with foreign matter (dirt, sod, rocks, plastic, trash, etc.)
- Overweight or over-sized containers
- Plastic bags