Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
December 5, 2016, 5:30 PM @ Department of Community Development
December 5, 2016, 7:00 PM
December 12, 2016, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Burnside Building
December 13, 2016, 7:00 PM
December 4, 2016, 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM @ Quinta Gamelin Community Center
90 Minute fitness party with 20+ local instructors to benefit the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
For more information contact;
December 5, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Center for Women and Enterprise
Keeping track of your business's finances can be complicated, but a systematic approach with QuickBooks can make a world of difference. In this 4-week intensive series, participants will learn the basics of navigating the QuickBooks program and have the opportunity to practice using it in real-time. Both beginners and business owners looking for a refresher course will find this class helpful.
During the 4 weeks, this course will cover:
Setting up and maintaining a financial and bookkeeping system using QuickBook
Understanding your company's basic financial statements and terms
Understanding key reporting features of QuickBooks that are needed to make day-to-day financial decisions
Common features including invoicing, entering and paying bills, entering credit card transactions, and managing loans
Participants are welcome to bring their own laptops with company QuickBooks, or a trial version of QuickBooks. This class is appropriate for QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2013, and is s
December 5, 2016, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
If you aren't measuring, you aren't marketing. Once the campaign is designed and sent off to the social media platforms and inboxes, the last step is to watch how people engage with your content, respond to your offers, and take action. If you want to see more results from your email marketing, now is the time to learn what data matters and how to improve the results you are already getting.
December 5, 2016, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Are you interested in starting a small business but don’t know where to start? Do you already own a small business and need assistance with marketing, employee management, setting up financial statements? Interested in possibly getting a loan?
Join us as experts from the SBA guide you through all the resources available to you and your small business. Let them show you where to go to get an expert help you draft a business plan for FREE, where to find financing for your business, exporting, how to get started in the world of government contracting, and more!
Topics covered will include:
• Technical Assistance Programs
• SBA Loan Guarantee Program
• 8(a) Business Development Program
• HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zones) Program
• Government Contracting Opportunities
• And more!
December 5, 2016, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
This workshop will outline ways you can avoid the common pitfalls related to trademark, and what could potentially spell trouble for your business brand.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Differentiate between plagiarism and trademark
• Avoid trademark infringement and the possible legal and financial consequences
• Appreciate the evolving relationships between trademark and new digital technologies (web pages, social media, streaming, etc.)
• Locate, identify, and select materials (images, photos, etc.) under various categories such as:
Free to use
Use with conditions
December 6, 2016, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
The first step to planning and launching a new business is ensuring you, yourself are financially stable. This workshop will help you understand the importance of managing your credit and how it can affect your personal financial health. You will learn the costs of having poor credit and the advantages of investing time into improving and managing it.
In this session, you will learn:
• About credit reports and what they contain
• How credit scores are calculated
• What predatory lending practices are and how to watch out for them
• Debt reduction strategies
• How to avoid identity theft
This workshop is recommended for those who are interested in improving their credit or building a credit history. Those clients who are unsure what their credit report contains will also benefit by attending the workshop.
December 7, 2016, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you.
As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting your own business
• Conduct a self-assessment that will help you decide if business ownership is right for you
• Hear success stories of women who have worked with CWE and are now thriving in the business world
• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you move forward with your business idea and succeed
• Have the opportunity to schedule an individualized consultation with a CWE Program Manager
December 7, 2016, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Research has found that one in four Americans between the ages of 44 and 70 are interested in starting their own business or non-profit venture in the next five to ten years. Nearly half of these aspiring entrepreneurs report a desire to start a business with a positive social impact.
For many 50+ individuals, entrepreneurship training is the toolkit that empowers them to use their knowledge, expertise and skills to become business owners and job creators. This is an opportunity to introduce existing and future entrepreneurs to what's available and help them see if it's right for them.
December 12, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Center for Women and Enterprise
December 19, 2016, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Center for Women and Enterprise
December 7, 2016, 7:00 PM @ Council Chambers
December 24, 2016, All Day
December 25, 2016, All Day