Each year, the Town of Bristol requires that businesses report the value of their tangible property through a return. Based on the value and depreciation of those reported items, the Town of Bristol assess applicable taxes. In order to streamline the reporting process, the Town of Bristol is providing businesses with a new way to complete their annual return electronically.
Step One: Please download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC onto your device. This software is free to download online and will ensure that the form fields appear properly on the PDF.
Step Two: Please download and save the blank Tangible Tax PDF onto your device.
- Please Note: If you try and fill out the form on your internet browser, form fields may not appear or calculate properly.
Step Three: Open the Tangible Tax PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Please Note: If form fields do not allow you to fill them in OR are calculating incorrectly, you do not have the most recent version of Adobe.
Step Four: Once your Tangible Tax PDF is completed, it can be submitted via email to Michelle DiMeo, Tax Assessor/Collector at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is January 31, 2019, at midnight EST.
Please note: RI Law Section 44-5-15 (as amended) mandates that a return must be filed to the Tax Assessor. Failure to do so may result in an increased assessment.
Through the creation of this fillable form, the Town of Bristol is able to:
- Reduce the amount of information required for submission by 50%.
- Auto-calculate the depreciation of tangible property.
- Allow for electronic signatures.
- Remove the notary requirement.
- Allow businesses to save a copy of their return on a personal computer or device.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing this form, we encourage you to contact us at 401-253-7000 or by visiting by the Tax Assessor's Office at 10 Court Street, Bristol, RI 02809.