All collections are subject to the following conditions:
- Rubbish must be at the curb by 7:00 am on the day of collection.
- Items should not weight more than 50 lbs. in a single container.
- No more than 10 CONTAINERS per single family residence shall be picked up. Multi-family dwellings shall be allowed five (5) containers per dwelling unit, not to exceed 15 bags in total.
- All garbage to be picked up shall be drained of moisture and separated and securely wrapped in paper prior to deposit. Only garbage securely wrapped in such a manner may be mixed with refuse or rubbish containers to be picked up by the Town.
- Oil drums or cans of more than 30 gallons or custom made barrels (fish barrels) are not acceptable.
- Sawdust must be taken to the Transfer Station and disposed of in containers with any other building debris.
- Bricks, earth gravel, rocks or dead animals are not acceptable.
- Any appliance with freon, such as refrigerators, air conditioning units and dehumidifiers may be brought to the Transfer Station for a $15.00 fee per item. Special Pick Up for these items requires a sticker and will be charged $35.00 per item. Please refer to Special Pick Up section.
- Needles & syringes must be placed in tightly closed and taped container (coffee cans, etc.) and then disposed of with the regular rubbish (not recyclables). Please break the needles before placing them in the container. Special disposal arrangements may be available for these items. Call 253-4100 for details.